A Wee Welcome

Welcome to my blog!

Here you're going to find all sorts either about my random life, my knitting endeavors, recipes, photos, life while becoming a forensic biologist aka CSI, and more!

You'll see me in all my moods, angry, frustrated, happy, sad, and that is only from the knitting side!! Have to love Ravelry for getting me addicted. Bad, bad Ravelry!

Hopefully there is something for everyone, and that I add a little smile or giggle to your day

30/04/2008

I'm getting restless

about everything pretty much

So I have my tickets out of here for the first week in June, and I had some good news related to that. I decided to check to see if the changes were on my e-ticket page, and they were. I also discovered that I'm allowed three 23 kg bags! Thank you, thank you BA!!! That totally helps me out as I have tons of stuff I have managed to get over the last 2 years, now I can take the majority with me rather than sending it in the post. The only bad thing is I have to buy luggage from Heathrow to Edinburgh, but I was going to spend that amount of money on 1 extra bag from Shanghai to home anyways. So basically I get a free bag worth 23 kg!

Not only do I get three 23 kg bags, but I also get 2 pieces of carry on luggage which is also fantastic. Now I don't have to wonder what I'm going to do with my laptop. Things are seriously falling into place with my luggage situation. Things are working in my favour for once!

So what am I doing? I'm packing! Yup, I'm getting ready, looking at how all this stuff will fit into one extra bag. So far, I've managed to fit pretty much everything in it, but if you know me you know I have a tendency to pack my luggage at least 5 times before I'm satisfied. I have a month basically to sort it all out on that front.

I've also finished writing up my 4 exams to be given to the students. I have to prepare two different copies of each exam (with answers), then one is chosen by the Dean of the department. I have no choice in which one will be picked which I don't agree with considering I am the teacher. I think they check because I could have put some crazy thing in it like a question about sex, or some other question that they think is morally wrong.

The only thing I have left to do is to finish teaching. That will take me about a week or so, then I have about 1-2 weeks of review which I'm hoping won't take that long, but you never know. This will basically bring me to the exam days, then I have to correct 100 8 page exams. I like giving real exams, Western exams, exams where you think and support it. Unlike Chinese exams where you memorize the material, then forget it, never to use it or understand it for the most part.

Then once all of that is finished, all I have to do is pack up the rest of my stuff, clean the flat, and leave! I'm starting to get restless as everything is basically done, and all I have to do is bring things to a close.

No comments: